Traveling to Disney World is a science depending on the time you chose to travel can greatly impact your vacation. From Disney World crowds, to heat, to cost, these are often the factors that most impact all Disney World travelers. This article is designed to educate you on the times that we recommend for you to travel but we do understand that these times may not work for you and your family. We believe that an informed traveler has a much better vacation than a misinformed traveler, regardless of the time of year you travel.
Busy Season (in order from busiest to least busy but still falls under the busy season. )
- Christmas Day through New Years Day
- Thanksgiving Weekend
- The Week of Presidents Day
- The first full week of November
- College Spring Breaks
- Late March-Third week of April
Least Busy Season ( in order from least busy)
- Labor Day in September-Beginning of October
- Second full week of November through the weekend prior to Thanksgiving
- The week after Thanksgiving through the week before Christmas
- January 4 through the first week of February (just beware of Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday & Marathons)
- Last week of April through early June
When traveling between the last week of February-April just beware of Spring Break schedules as these can greatly impact the crowd levels. While crowds have certainly increased during the months of September and October due to Disney FREE Dining promotions, these months are still wonderful times of year to travel to Disney World. In my personal opinion, September is the better of the two months if you are worried about crowds but it will be a bit hotter. In addition, historically Disney’s FREE Dining promotion is open the entire month of September.
Kelly, her husband, and three children live in the Chicagoland area. Kelly has been traveling to Walt Disney World since the age of two. She considers Walt Disney World to be her primary vacation destination. With 20 plus trips under her belt she still enjoys researching and learning new things about the most magical place on earth!