Where to stay is always a big decision when going on vacation. I have always been one to stay in a less expensive hotel off site. I will be at the Disney parks all day so I don’t need anything fancy. After all, a bed is a bed, right?
However, after staying on site at Walt Disney World I have changed my way of thinking. Staying at the Disney Resorts truly adds to the magic of your vacation. However, to make it worth the cost you should use what the resort has to offer. The cool refreshing pools are just the beginning. The resorts have activities scheduled thru out the day and into the evening. Depending on the resort, some activities include bingo, Disney trivia, crafts, and movies under the stars. A unique thing about Disney, in addition to the activities offered at your resort, they invite you to partake in activities at their other resorts. There is one exception to this: you must stick to the pool at the resort where you are staying. Pool hopping is prohibited.
Some favorite resort activities are:
- Watching Wishes from the beach at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa or Disney’s Polynesian Resort
- The Electrical Water Pageant viewed from any resort on Disney’s Seven Seas lagoon
- Watching Illuminations from Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- Movies under the stars at over 15 of the Disney Resorts. There are so many different movies to choose from it can be hard to decide where to go.
- Eating s’mores at Chip & Dale’s Campfire Sing Along at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. You can purchase what you need for s’mores at the resort or bring your own with you.
I have been known to cut my park days short to have more time to experience what the resorts have to offer. A bed is not just a bed when it comes to Disney’s resorts!
Denise has loved Disney as far back as she can remember. She has two teenage girls who were raised with Disney. Their rooms were decorated, and their closets were filled with Disney articles. Denise’s house now has Disney on every wall. Her wardrobe is made up mostly of Disney clothes. She feels that being surrounded by Disney keeps the memories and magic alive! Her friends affectionately call her “the crazy Disney lady”. Denise was born and raised in Oregon. Currently she lives in both Oregon and Florida splitting her time between both parts of the country. She lives with her youngest daughter (15) and her roommate. Her daughter goes to high school In Oregon. Denise and her roommate sneak away to Florida several times a year, as often as possible. Her daughter tags along when she can, without missing too much school. Her oldest daughter (20) doesn’t make it to Florida much anymore, but hopes to again very soon. Denise’s first trip to Walt Disney World was for her birthday in 2009. She fell more in love with the magic of Disney that day! Ever since then, Denise and her kids have been annual passholders. Last spring she upgraded to a premier pass to include Disneyland. Over spring break her youngest daughter had the pleasure of her first visit to Disneyland. With Denise helping them plan, her brother and his family enjoyed their first family trip to Disneyland at that same time.
- Thrifty Thursday: Free Fun at Disney’s All Star Resorts
- Thrifty Thursday: Sights and Sounds of the Season Around Disney’s Resorts
- Thrifty Thursday: Free Fun at Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
- Thrifty Thursday: How to Save While Dreaming of a Disney Vacation
- Thrifty Thursday: Inexpensive Souvenir Shopping