Oh boy!! There are so many things to say to this. I’m going to share with you my family’s Top Ten “Classic” Disney activities. These just scream DISNEY!!! These are things that we have to do, because we are in Disney. You’ll see that Animal Kingdom activities are left out of this list, not because we don’t LOVE AK, but it still feels so new to us to call anything “classic”, you know what I mean?
- Get your picture taken with Cinderella’s castle in the background. There are a few Disney Photopass friends up and down Main Street U.S.A, and
all around the castle, all you have to do is ask them to snap a picture of you with your whole crew. They may ask you to start a Photopass, you can tell them yes, have them save the picture to the card and go on your merry way. You don’t HAVE to buy them, but they are a great souvenir! Any cast member will be happy to take a picture with your personal camera too. This picture with the castle is always our favorite!
- Visit Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom. MK was the first park in Walt Disney World, so while a lot of things in MK say “Classic” to me, the most classic of them all is Fantasyland. A few of the attractions in this ‘land’ are updated originals from opening day, like Small World, Dumbo, Mad Hatter’s Teacups, and the Carousel.
- Ride the Monorail. I love the Monorail! The monorail line was there when the park originally opened. I love feeling like I am in part of Walt’s vision for the future when I am on the thing. I also just have that, “I am so happy I am in DISNEY WORLD!” feeling every time I ride it!
- Catch a Parade. On any given day, there are a few parades to choose from in Walt Disney World. Right now in MK, they are working on a brand-spanking new one so you may have to wait until spring to the replacement to that, but you can watch the Electrical Parade at night (a fave of mine) or the Move it! Shake it! Celebrate It! Parade. Also, you can always head over to Animal Kingdom and catch the Jammin’ Jungle Parade too. There’s nothing like a parade to get you in the Disney mood! During the holiday seasons, there are special parades to check out as well.
- Ride the Mountains. Space, Splash, and Big Thunder. All located in Magic Kingdom. All classic Disney must – dos!
- Spaceship Earth. The big “golf ball” at Epcot is a great photo op! Make sure you experience the ride too – I love this classic with Disney animatronics, history mixed with the future. You can almost feel Walt’s imagination on this ride, even though he never got to see it.
- Walk around World Showcase. Peace between countries was a big theme for Walt while they were dreaming up plans for the “Florida Project”. The 11 countries along the lake in Epcot make me feel like I am part of that plan! This is my favorite activity to do in all of WDW!
- Fireworks over Cinderella Castle. Everything that Disney sets out to do, they do with excitement and lots of pizazz. You can experience this “Disney side” the best with Wishes Nighttime Spectacular in Magic Kingdom. On certain evenings, the skies over the castle come alive with this amazing show, and even the castle has a part now! This is truly a classic Disney experience.
- The “Big 3” in Hollywood Studios. To my family, The Tower of Terror, Rock n Roll Roller Coaster, and Toy Story are must dos. Even though these rides are newer, they are classic to us. A mix of old Hollywood with Rock and Play-time is a great way to spend a day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. These rides really speak loudly to how well Disney presents their attractions. There is a story to every ride!
- Eat a Mickey Bar Ice Cream. There are lots of different and fun snacks and noshes at Disney World. To me, there is none as classic as that chocolate covered ice cream Mickey Head on a stick. It’s delicious, and it’s a must!
There are my Top Ten Classic Disney activities. What did I miss? What would you add to this list?
Tina works full time as a school counselor in an elementary school. She lives close to Baltimore, MD with her husband Dave and her 13 year old stepdaughter, Ashley. They also have a furry family member, a cat name Frodo, that keeps life interesting in their house! Tina began visiting Disney World as a child with her family, and now her, Dave & Ashley take a trip to the World every year. She considers herself a Disney “fanatic” and once her family is finished one trip, she is already planning their next one. Tina loves to find the best deals, even in the busy seasons (she can only go when schools are off!) and loves sharing those deals & tips with anyone and everyone! What Tina loves most is the magic of WDW, it makes her feel like a kid again. She hopes that every family has the opportunity go to the World and experience the magic for themselves because it has a way of reminding its visitors that dreams do indeed come true! Read more of Tina’s work on her blog A Not So Bland Life, where she writes about home decor, cooking, couponing, traveling, and and of course, Disney!
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Princess Activities at Walt Disney World
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Top 10 Character Experiences at Walt Disney World
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Water Activities at Walt Disney World
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Walt Disney World Thrills
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Disney World Photo Must Haves