Packing to go to Walt Disney World can be mind-boggling, but giving some thought on what you plan to do, how long you will be staying and what time of year you will be there will help. There are certain things that I pack for every trip. In fact some of these items stay packed thus eliminating the “did-I-forget-___?”
- Ponchos: These come in handy no matter what time of year. I keep a supply from the local $1 store, usually planning on 2 or 3 per person. The bright yellow ponchos can be purchased in the parks in case of emergency, but they are quite a bit more expensive than the $1 for 2 you can find locally at home. And they do come in handy for those who don’t want to get wet while on Kali River or Splash Mountain. If they tear, I don’t feel bad pitching a .50 poncho!
- First aid kit: I keep antibiotic cream, witch hazel (for blisters), variety of band-aids, Tylenol, allergy medicine and heart burn medicine in a small zip bag. Even though these items can be purchased anywhere in Walt Disney World, the price is much higher than normal due to the convenience. This little kit has saved more than 1 vacation!
- Laundry soap: I know – you are on vacation, so who wants to do laundry, but having a down-evening and running a load of laundry quickly while relaxing by the pool doesn’t sound too bad – does it? They now sell the 3-in-1 sheets that have laundry soap, softener and dry sheet in one so it is small enough to carry in a suitcase pocket. This can also help over-packing knowing you don’t have to pack several outfits for each day you will be away.
- Sunscreen: Always and I mean always make sure you have plenty of sunscreen with you when traveling to Walt Disney World. Even in the cooler months, the sun is definitely stronger in Florida.
- Chargers for all electronic: Nothing is more frustrating than having a cell phone or ipad go dead while in the middle of a park and nothing to charge it with. I keep duplicate chargers of anything I take in my suitcase, so I’m not hunting for them at the last minute.
- Laundry bag: After returning to the hotel in the evening, all dirty clothes go in the laundry bag. This helps to keep the room a little cleaner, but if I do decide to do laundry while there, it is easier to transport. If I decide against doing laundry while on vacation, it keeps it all together so unpacking is easier – just deposit the laundry bag at the washer and dryer on the way in the house.
While this isn’t everything I pack. these are my “always” items that help packing easier. Do you have anything else you make sure you pack?
Debbie and her husband live in Collegedale, TN where her youngest son is going to college. She is a huge Disney fan who dreams of someday retiring and working as a tour guide at Walt Disney World. She has enjoyed many trips to WDW with children, grandchildren and sometimes adults only. It is her ultimate goal to make sure everyone who visits WDW has the same magical time that she enjoys every time she visits.