There are reasons why seasoned Disney travelers continue to spend thousands of dollars a year at Walt Disney World. There is something about Disney that we all love so much that draws us back. Today I want to talk about the fact that there is always something new to see or do at Walt Disney World and that even for me, having traveled to WDW 22 times, I have not done it all. The anticipation of our family trips is so very surreal that it almost takes over everything that I do…lol.
This year I am doing quite a few new things and a TON of repeats. I thought that it would be fun to share with you what I am most looking forward to on this upcoming trip I am going on in 27 days!! After reading my list be sure to create your own list of things you are looking forward to or new things you are looking forward to trying.
Things that are new to me:
- Via Napoli
- Crystal Palace Breakfast at 8:00 AM-I hear that this is supposed to be pretty magical.
- Star Tours
- My best friend Katie will be traveling with us and we plan to sample a few adult beverages while we are there…Lapu Lapu and Gran Marnier & Grey Goose Vodka Slush!! Yummy!
- The new Phineas and Ferb meet and greet….we are HUGE fans and simply cannot wait to take pictures with these guys!!
- This will be my first time visiting Walt Disney World while I am celebrating something…my 8th anniversary!!
- My son Lucas is just 40 inches and will be experiencing many of the larger attractions with us for the first time…this makes my husband and I so very excited! Lucas will be trying everything with us except for Dinosaur as it is just too scary for him.
- I have not visited Mickey and Minnie yet on Main Street USA.
- Believe it or not, I have never been to Tom Sawyer Island and I am really excited about this.
- I have the pleasure of meeting a few of my Disney blogging friends: One of my fellow TAM friends we all know and love Brenda, Mike from My Dreams of Disney and Jenn one of the Guru Girls.
Things that we love and cannot wait to do again:
- Our family favorite is Tower of Terror and being able to ride it all together makes it even more magical!
- Dining at Sci-Fi Dine In- I know that the menu is nothing too special but it is the very first place that my husband and I ever ate at together on property and it is very special to us. We go every single trip!
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party- We just love this event and would not miss it for the world! We love to dress up and play…so much fun!
- We love to do all of the Mountains and pose for the pictures if there are any…we have to work on those poses…lol.
- Enjoy a Dole Whip as a family.
- Staying at Pop Century again, which is a family favorite of ours.
- We love to dine at Coral Reef….yummy!
- We do not enforce bedtimes on vacation…we open and close the parks but do take a small break in the middle of the day…I believe that this is called being a park commando. :0)
While there are many more things that we truly enjoy as a family these are our favorites! I encourage you to create your own list and the next time someone asks you why you are going back to Walt Disney World you can pull out your list and show them why! In the meanwhile the TAM Girls would love to know some of the things you would add to your list…oh please do share!!
Kelly, her husband, and three children live in the Chicagoland area. Kelly has been traveling to Walt Disney World since the age of two. She considers Walt Disney World to be her primary vacation destination. With 20 plus trips under her belt she still enjoys researching and learning new things about the most magical place on earth! Kelly began Disney Guru in August of 2010 with the vision of sharing fun vacation tips and magic with all fans of Disney World.