We have lived in Florida for a year now and one of the stipulations when we moved here was that I (Abbie) could become an Annual Passholder. It was something I had dreamed of since I was a little girl. As soon as we moved, I started looking up festivals and special events that would be going on throughout the World. We were very excited to attend the Food and Wine Festival (F&W) at Epcot in the fall. So I thought we should write about the upcoming Food and Wine Festival for those of you planning a trip anytime from mid-September to the beginning of November.
The festival itself features special events, food and drink demonstrations, interviews and chats with celebrity chefs. And, of course, the World Showcase (WS) contains many food booths with so many different kinds of food to try you will want to eat here as a meal. This year will be the longest Disney has ever run the F&W as well. There are several extra events you can take part in throughout the festival that require advance planning and/or reservations. There are certain seminars and demonstrations as well as book signings and celebrity chef meet and greets that are more low-cost and some even free. We all love free!
There is also something called “Eat to the Beat,” this event is free with park admission and takes place at the American Gardens Theater in the American Adventure Pavilion. This event features popular 80’s & 90’s bands performing their greatest hits. This year some of those groups include The Pointer Sisters, Air Supply, Sugar Ray, Wilson Phillips, Boyz II Men, and many more! There is also a half marathon that takes place during the Epcot F&W. These dates can be very busy, but if you will be there during this time it’s still worth going. This year the Run Disney events are the weekend of November 7-8.
Now let’s move onto the best part, the food and wine booths. I have been watching very closely for the release of information on this year’s food booths, as this event is a highly anticipated festival in our household! Here is the information I have so far on the food booths that will be at the 19th Annual International Food & Wine Festival:
- America Adventure Coffee Cart
- Block & Hans
- Brewer’s Collection
- Canada (I have been told the “ever-famous” Canadian cheddar cheese soup featured at Disney’s Le Cellier Restaurant in Epcot will again be available as well as the wild mushroom beef filet mignon with truffle butter sauce – something we are really looking forward to)
- Craft Beers
- Desserts & Champagne
- Farm Fresh (definitely a can’t miss in our book, I believe this is generally Florida fresh food)
- Fife & Drum (featuring the famous Ghirardelli ice cream sundaes)
- Germany (very tasty as well)
- Hawaii (My favorite from last year, the pork slider was absolutely, melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Lee tried the Kona Brewing Company, Big Wave Golden Ale and loved it.)
- Hops & Barley
- Intermission Café
- Ireland (The warm chocolate pudding with Kerrygold Irish Cream Liquer Custard was a-mazing!)
- Italy (This was the kids’ favorite place, includes cheese ravioli and cannolis)
- Liberty Inn
- Mexico (Last year they had an amazing shrimp taco with a gaucomole sauce, neither of us are big fans of avocado but this was delicious. It looks like this year they are going with a fried shrimp taco with pickled habanero pepper and onions, sounds like something worth trying I think.)
- New Zealand
- Poland (so excited to try the kielbasa and potato pirogi with caramelized onions and sour cream)
- Puerto Rico
- Refreshment Cool Post
- Refreshment Port (I think I may try one of everything here; I’ve seen the following items for this food booth: croissant donuts, fried shrimp with Dole pineapple sweet & sour sauce, fried chicken chunks with Dole pineapple sweet & sour, Dole Whip soft serve- AKA Dole Whip.)
- Scotland (Lee will be interested in the Seared sea scallop with spinach-cheddar gratin & crispy bacon)
- South Korea
So after reading just this list surely you can find something you will want to try at this year’s Food & Wine Festival! If you are visiting Walt Disney World between September 19th and November 10th we highly, highly recommend finding your way to Epcot to visit this festival.
We had a fabulously fun time trying new foods and getting our books stamped and cannot wait to do it again (maybe more than once) this year!
Until Next Time, Lee & Abbie
Lee & Abbie are originally from Greenwood, Indiana but are now located in sunny, warm, Tampa, Florida where they were relocated with Lee’s job last summer. They have three junior Mousejunkies: Ethan (13), Emalie (7), and Lucas (4) who love all things Disney as well. Abbie has always been a Disney Fanatic however Lee didn’t catch the bug until he and Abbie took their first family trip in 2011. They both thoroughly enjoy every aspect of Disney and all the magic it has to offer, especially the food. Lee has become more of a food critic since being married to Abbie who loves to cook and try new foods. Now they spend much of their free time finding new things around the Happiest Place on Earth to try and see.