You want your Disney vacation to be perfect, magical, and full of great memories. There are so many great reasons to use a travel agent when you book your Disney trip, and doing so will make sure that your trip is just what you want! Every time our family has gone in the past 6 years, we have used an agent. It just makes sense to me. Especially for our first trip as the Bland family back in 2008, when I hadn’t been to Disney in over 15 years and knew nothing! Here are 10 reasons for you to use one too!
1. Saving time – when you use an agent to book the trip, you are saving yourself some precious time. It takes a good chunk to research prices and hotels, make the actual reservation and figure everything out. A Disney travel agent does all of this for YOU. You only need to take the time to tell them where you want to stay, and how much you want to pay and PRESTO! They get it done!
2. Hello! It’s FREE – It costs nothing to use a Disney travel agent!!! They provide all these trip planning services to you for free!! Why are your pulling your hair out with planning, when someone can do it for you for FREE?
3. Price guarantee – Agents are always in the know about savings and discounts. If a discount comes out before your trip, your agent will let you know and make sure you get the best price! This has happened to us for every trip we have taken. We’ve book with our agent, and she has notified us to let us know that a room discount came out, or free dining. It’s the best!
4. Dining Reservations – If you have never navigated the Disney Dining Reservation system, it can be a little intimidating. Especially if you have never been to Disney and have no idea where to eat. Your travel agent can do all of this for you! They can recommend where you should eat based on your family’s wants and needs, and they can book it ALL for you!
5. Experience – All of the agents have a long list of Disney experiences. They have been to Disney plenty of times and know all the ins and outs of how things work. They know the best times to do certain things, they know the best restaurants, the entertainment you will like, the rides and what the wait times are usually like…they know everything!! This comes in handy when helping you plan your trip – they can help you customize it to suit your needs!
6. Expert advice – Because of all of this Disney experience, you will get expert advice on all things Disney! You can ask your agent any question and they will give you a detailed answer. Even if it’s something that they don’t know, they will find out. They will be able to tell you which rides are best suited for your 5 year old and your 12 year old. They can give you advice on the most romantic Disney dining experiences. Can you believe all this is free?!?
7. Latest information – All the agents who book Disney will be able to give you all the latest updates. Do you want to know when the Mine Train will be working? What about that new discount you heard about? Is the Monorail still being worked on? Which rides are closed for refurbishment? Your Disney travel agent knows it all!
8. Tour Guide – Maybe you don’t know anything about Disney and you want to get some help with your itinerary? Your agent will help you build a plan for touring the parks so that you and your family get the most magic and fun out of your trip!
9. All bases covered – Your Disney travel agent will make sure that every part of your trip is taken care of. Your booking, your discounts, your dining, your entertainment, your special events…they are at your service to make sure that you get the most out of your money! If you have questions, it’s as easy as send your agent an email or calling them up and asking them whatever you want.
10. Stress free vacation – The best part of using a Disney travel agent, in my opinion, is the fact that this vacation that could be a stressful thing to get ready for, becomes stress free. Knowing that someone has taken care of everything for you is so great, I can’t even say enough about it. It’s like you get the wonderful Disney treatment before you even get to Disney. That is magical!!
Tina works full time as a school counselor in an elementary school. She lives close to Baltimore, MD with her husband Dave and her 13 year old stepdaughter, Ashley. They also have a furry family member, a cat name Frodo, that keeps life interesting in their house! Tina began visiting Disney World as a child with her family, and now her, Dave & Ashley take a trip to the World every year. She considers herself a Disney “fanatic” and once her family is finished one trip, she is already planning their next one. Tina loves to find the best deals, even in the busy seasons (she can only go when schools are off!) and loves sharing those deals & tips with anyone and everyone! What Tina loves most is the magic of WDW, it makes her feel like a kid again. She hopes that every family has the opportunity go to the World and experience the magic for themselves because it has a way of reminding its visitors that dreams do indeed come true! Read more of Tina’s work on her blog A Not So Bland Life, where she writes about home decor, cooking, couponing, traveling, and and of course, Disney!