We love going to Downtown Disney! On our shorter trips, we can’t always make time to go, but if we can we prioritize and try. We love the atmosphere. We can’t wait to see what the renovation to “Disney Springs” will be like! How can you make DTD better?! Here are ten great activities to get into:
1. New Food Trucks! These debuted right after our last trip and I was SO sad! There are four different trucks themed around each park: Magic Kingdom, Epcot World Showcase, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. The dining plan is accepted, and prices seem to range from $8 to $20. Can’t wait to try these next time!
2. Shop till you drop in the Marketplace. There’s World of Disney, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Goofy’s Candy Company, Art of Disney, and much more. We do our souvenir shopping here!
3. Cirque du Soleil: La Nouba. If you haven’t seen a CDS show yet, you are in for a treat! Kids and adults alike will be amazed by this performance! The dancing, the music, the colorful costumes and then acts like juggling and trapeze will WOW you.
4. Find your new favorite restaurant. Ours is Raglan Road, hands down. Kids love Planet Hollywood, T Rex and Rainforest Cafe. There are over 30 restaurants to choose from, ranging in prices and theming, there is truly something for everyone here!
5. Play at Disney Quest. This is a HUGE multi level arcade with gaming ranging from basic arcade to state of the art. Try the Sim Coaster!
6. Splitsville Lanes. Looking for something to do tonight other than the parks? Great food, fun live music and dancing and fun for the whole family, this experience is not your regular weekend bowling!
7. Characters in Flight. Soar above the resort in this 72 foot diameter balloon. Enjoy the view of Disney for miles!
8. Catch a flick for a relaxing night at the movies. The Fork & Screen dine-in movie theater allows you to order a bite to eat, and enjoy it AS you watch the movie. What a great way to unwind after a long day in the parks! Adults, you can even enjoy a drink from the bar:)
9. Pop into the the country’s biggest Lego store for a fun time of building and imagination. Take a look at the masterpieces Disney has built using just Legos! Let the kids play and pose for some great photos.
10. Just enjoy and relax! We love going to Downtown Disney to walk around, watch little ones play in the fountains, grab an ice cream or milkshake after dinner, take photos, be silly and enjoy ourselves! Often there is live music, and the people watching is great. We love to do our shopping here, as well as wander into all the stores just to look. The atmosphere is fun and family-oriented, and being on the water makes you feel like you are really on vacation, when running around the parks all day may not:)
Tina works full time as a school counselor in an elementary school. She lives close to Baltimore, MD with her husband Dave and her 13 year old stepdaughter, Ashley. They also have a furry family member, a cat name Frodo, that keeps life interesting in their house! Tina began visiting Disney World as a child with her family, and now her, Dave & Ashley take a trip to the World every year. She considers herself a Disney “fanatic” and once her family is finished one trip, she is already planning their next one. Tina loves to find the best deals, even in the busy seasons (she can only go when schools are off!) and loves sharing those deals & tips with anyone and everyone! What Tina loves most is the magic of WDW, it makes her feel like a kid again. She hopes that every family has the opportunity go to the World and experience the magic for themselves because it has a way of reminding its visitors that dreams do indeed come true! Read more of Tina’s work on her blog A Not So Bland Life, where she writes about home decor, cooking, couponing, traveling, and and of course, Disney!
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Water Activities at Walt Disney World
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Princess Activities at Walt Disney World
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Things to do at Disney on a Rainy Day!
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten “Other” Things To Do at Disney World
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Disney Vacation Traditions