When my family travels to Disney, we get obsessed with taking pictures that will bring all those wonderful memories back. Who doesn’t, right?!? Here are the Top 10 photos we love to capture on our Disney trips! Oh and check out all the Nikon photo spots too – set up in beautiful spots to capture those perfect pics!
1. Cinderella Castle Photo – I have to list this first, right? We love taking our pic with the castle in the background, anywhere along Main Street or in the gardens or paths around the castle. Actually, this could count as two, because I love having a day time pic, and then a night time pic with the castle all lit up. We’ll get a bunch on our own phones or cameras, but we’ll get the professional ones too! It’s always worth the money for us.
2. Resort Photo – We stay at a different resort each time we travel to Disney. I like getting a lot of resort pictures so we can remember what we love about each! I have really wonderful pics of us in the lobby of the Polynesian, and at the lighthouse at Beach Club, and with some of the fun decor at Pop Century, and so many other great ones. We have loved each resort for different reasons and the pictures help us remember!
3. Epcot (Spaceship Earth) Photo – Epcot is my husband and I’s fave park. We love taking pictures of almost everything in this park! The classic is the family in front of Spaceship Earth. There are always professionals there to snap your photo, and don’t forget that they will take a copy with your camera or phone too. These pics, even tho we have a bazillion of them, never get old!
4. Paris Photo – I’m a sucker for a good Eiffel Tower pic, and the area around the France Pavillon in World Showcase is perfect for pictures! With the flowers and the “Tower” and the wrought iron fences, these pictures are always beautiful, and romantic!
5. Attraction Photo – Splurge on at least one ride picture! You will always have a good time looking at these and laughing at the funny faces or screaming faces. We have ones from Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, Rock n Roll, and a few others. We love them!
6. Fave Meal Photo – I love taking pictures at the Disney restaurants. There are so many great ones, but some are more photogenic than others. My fave pics come from Chef Mickeys with my family smiling with Mickey and friends, but there are so many other great restaurants for photo ops like Cinderella’s Table, Ohana, Whispering Canyon, etc. What are your favorite meal photo ops?
7. Sunset Blvd Photo – I think Hollywood Studios has so many cool photo spots, its hard to pick just one. With Tower of Terror looming in the background, all the great palm trees and store fronts, what’s not to love?! There are also great photo spots along the thoroughfare itself, like the decorative suitcases on the sidewalk. Disney photographers stand along this path too, and may put some cool extras in your pictures if you ask them!
8. Everest Photo – We do love the Tree in Animal Kingdom, but some of the best pictures I have of our family are on the bridge on the way to Expedition to Everest. I enjoy the decor in this area, it truly feels like we are in a remote Asian hamlet at the “foot” of the mountain! You can get a nice guest to take the pic for you, or do a selfie!
9. Haunted Mansion Photo – This is one of our most fave rides in Magic Kingdom. Now, with the “newer” queue there are some really fun photos to be taken around this ride. We love getting Ashley’s pic with the heads as we wait in line, or of her interacting with some of the contraptions they added. Dave and I got a really great pic last year when we went for the Not So Scary Halloween Party right in front of the Mansion.
10. Monorail Photo – We love riding that rail! Sometimes, we just go around the MK track for fun, or we’ll work getting to or from Epcot using the Monorail just because we love it so. I love getting a pic of my fam riding or waiting for it. If you time it just right, you can get a great pic as the Monorail pulls into its station!
What are your family favorite photo spots?
Tina works full time as a school counselor in an elementary school. She lives close to Baltimore, MD with her husband Dave and her 13 year old stepdaughter, Ashley. They also have a furry family member, a cat name Frodo, that keeps life interesting in their house! Tina began visiting Disney World as a child with her family, and now her, Dave & Ashley take a trip to the World every year. She considers herself a Disney “fanatic” and once her family is finished one trip, she is already planning their next one. Tina loves to find the best deals, even in the busy seasons (she can only go when schools are off!) and loves sharing those deals & tips with anyone and everyone! What Tina loves most is the magic of WDW, it makes her feel like a kid again. She hopes that every family has the opportunity go to the World and experience the magic for themselves because it has a way of reminding its visitors that dreams do indeed come true! Read more of Tina’s work on her blog A Not So Bland Life, where she writes about home decor, cooking, couponing, traveling, and and of course, Disney!