Relax?!?! Who goes to Disney to relax?!? You may be asking yourself that now, but if you have ever been or when you do visit Disney World, you will know that at certain points in your trip you will just want to sit down and chill out! Here are my Top 10 fave places to relax in Disney.
1. Resort Pool – Any Disney Resort you stay in will have amazing pools. This is probably our favorite place to relax on any trip. We’ll slip out of the parks mid day when it’s crowded and hot, and head back for some swim and chill time. Our faves so far? Beach Club is hands down the best for us! But we also loved Caribbean Beach, Polynesian, and Boardwalk.
2. Typhoon Lagoon Castaway Creek Lazy River – Ahhhhh. You can’t beat the feeling of being in the water on a hot Florida day, on a raft, being pushed along through beautiful scenery. We loved this lazy river, the attraction decor is peaceful, there didn’t seem to be too many kids screaming and pushing (the opposite of “lazy” when that happens!) and the water was delightful!
3. Tambu Lounge, Polynesian Resort – This bar is so cool. Located in Ohana at the Poly, the atmosphere is so fun and the endless fun drinks help with the relaxation park! You can’t beat the view either, surrounded by the Magic Kingdom area and getting a peak of Cinderella’s castle too? Perfect!
4. World Showcase – We love walking around WS in EPCOT during each trip. Sometimes though, the walk can get tiring or tedious, and that is a sign you should pick a nice shady spot to sit and take some time to people watch. There is plenty going on in WS, and we like to pick our fave countries to relax in. Sometimes we will grab a beer over in England, by Rose and Crown, and sit by the trees next to the restaurant. Or, we grab a pastry in France and sit in the little garden there. Perhaps you are ready for a glass of wine? Head over to Italy for a pour and even a pizza. Sit in the square and watch the World go by, literally. Oh man, I wish I was there right now!
5. The Monorail – Does this seem like a weird place to relax? Well, it is one of my favorites. The ride from the Transportation and Ticket Center to Epcot is just long enough for you to sit and enjoy the scenery. You do not see much of the parks, but this ride never ceases to amaze me because I see how vast Disney is, not the built up part, but the natural parts that have been preserved and kept natural. Disney World is huge!
6. Animal Kingdom Lodge - I love this resort! We have yet to stay here, but we have visited plenty of times for dinners at Boma. AK has this vast lobby where you can sit and enjoy the goings on of the resort. The kids can head out to Arusha Rock, the viewing area for the real residents (hello, giraffe!) of the Lodge, while parents grab a refreshment from the pool bar or Victoria’s Falls. We love sitting and taking in all the hustle and bustle in this resort.
7. Cinderella’s Castle – Ok, well not IN the castle, but anywhere in the surrounding area where you can see the castle. It’s fun to head over to the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor for a sweet treat, and then grab a seat anywhere between there and the castle. There are a few really great spots with tables or benches tucked away here and there in the area, like the Plaza Rose Garden. Any of these are great spots to give your tootsies a break, let the kiddos run around, and watch people go about their dreams.
8. Writer’s Stop – Hollywood Studios. Ok, this one is for the coffee and book lovers. I LOVE this place!! Tucked away near the backlot area, you may have walked passed this place many times and not noticed it. Their iced coffee and other beverages are a delight, and the eats there so delicious! Just little pastries and the carrot cake cookie, but totally worth the stop in. I love Disney. I love coffee. I love books. This place is a haven for me! I love going in, getting my cup a joe, and sitting in the little cozy area looking through the books on the shelves. I’m instantly relaxed and ready for more Disney!
9. Casey Jr. Splash and Soak Station – Confession, I’ve never relaxed here before. But! I’ve seen plenty of moms and dads with blissfully thankful looks on their faces as we have walked by this attraction. Located in the back of the New Fantasyland, this water playground is the perfect spot to relax with children under the age of 10 on any hot day. Honestly, this may be their fave part of the whole day! Adults can sit back and enjoy the sun or a snack and kids can splash around and burn some energy. Just be sure to pack a bathing suit or extra clothes if your children don’t let walking around wet!
10. The Beach at Beach Club – Yes, there are quite a few “beaches” in Disney! When we stayed at Beach Club, we loved walking over and putting our feet in the sand. There are tons of chairs and swings there, so find a spot and sit down and take in the fun scenery of the Boardwalk Area. It’s one of our fave areas in the whole World!
Where is your fave place to relax in Disney?
Tina works full time as a school counselor in an elementary school. She lives close to Baltimore, MD with her husband Dave and her 13 year old stepdaughter, Ashley. They also have a furry family member, a cat name Frodo, that keeps life interesting in their house! Tina began visiting Disney World as a child with her family, and now her, Dave & Ashley take a trip to the World every year. She considers herself a Disney “fanatic” and once her family is finished one trip, she is already planning their next one. Tina loves to find the best deals, even in the busy seasons (she can only go when schools are off!) and loves sharing those deals & tips with anyone and everyone! What Tina loves most is the magic of WDW, it makes her feel like a kid again. She hopes that every family has the opportunity go to the World and experience the magic for themselves because it has a way of reminding its visitors that dreams do indeed come true! Read more of Tina’s work on her blog A Not So Bland Life, where she writes about home decor, cooking, couponing, traveling, and and of course, Disney!