My next Walt Disney World vacation is in only 13 days and I am already making a list of all the items I plan to have packed into my checked bag on the way home. There are many items I feel I need to grab and, since I do have adult-onset ADD, I even have to make a list for this. I don’t want to call it a “shopping list” because I have an aversion to shopping. So, here is a list of the items which will make up the contents of my post-trip suitcase:
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party merchandise, which can only be purchased during the party.
- The first of many collectibles for my new grand-princess, Aleyah’s, brand new Disney collection. Thank you for replying to Tuesday’s post with your ideas, and thank you especially to Richard Trethewey. After receiving all your great suggestions, I called my son and asked him his opinion of my final 3 choices (pins, mini-snowglobes, and Precious Moments) and he chose MINI-SNOWGLOBES. He chose these for 2 reasons: I have a large snowglobe collection so hers would be like mine but for her size (how cute) and he said that someday he will build her a cabinet to hold all her special snowglobes from Mimi (the nickname they are calling me) so I will be purchasing her first mini-snowglobe this trip – a Mickey of course.
- Several varieties of candy from Goofy’s Candy Co. This will be important to a brand new holiday tradition. It will be the authentic Disney items I will include in my new holiday decorating tradition of creating an in-house, old-fashioned candy store.
- An ornament for my hubby, one for each of my kids, and one for my new grand-princess for this year’s tree.
- A 2011 pin from Port Orleans Riverside.
- A 2011 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party pin.
- A Muppet t-shirt with Animal on the drums that my oldest son, Johnnie, saw several years ago in the parks – hope I can find it.
- An Ariel travel mug which was available on disneystore.com for a very short period of time. I hope I can find one in the park for Kristen.
- 40th Anniversary Mickey Ears for my collection.
- New Grumpy boxers for my hubby, Butch, and something special for my youngest, Josh.
- Mementos collected during the trip.
- A photo album for the pics from this trip.
- A Mickey business card holder for my desk.
- Giveaway items for upcoming site giveaways on my personal blog, Ideally Disney.
- Confirmation for reservations made on a bounce-back offer (keeping my fingers crossed).
Anticipating every aspect of the trip just adds to the excitement of going to Walt Disney World. One thing is for sure, the contents of my suitcase on the way back will far outweigh the contents on the way there, literally. What better reason is there to check a bag?
Bringing some Disney home is the best way to hold onto great memories while tiding you over until your next visit. So, what will make up the contents of your post-trip suitcase?
Brenda is a native Texan born and raised on the Gulf Coast. She visited Disney World twice as a teenager and always dreamed of growing her family Disney. She took her first-timer husband and their three children to Disney World in 2000 and they now spend every Thanksgiving there. Brenda writes with a comedic twist on various Disney topics. She will be sharing tips she has learned during her travels and also hopes to enlighten people on little-known freebies that Disney has to offer. She wishes she could have met Walt Disney and considers herself to be a student of Walt. In parallel to his dream it is her wish that everyone would take at least one trip to Disney World in order to share in its magic with their families.