I was talking with my son and his girlfriend the other day while they were deciding about a sit down meal while in Walt Disney World this fall. They were going back and forth on if they should make reservations and if they do, where would be a nice place to go. What we learned…it depends on the individual, couple or family going!
Here are a few things brought up:
- Do we want to take the time for a leisurely sit-down meal?
- Do we want to spend the extra money for the pleasure of relaxing for a few hours?
- Do we want something specific for a meal? This one was hard to decide since we had to make reservations 180 days out.
- Would we enjoy trying a few counter service meals in World Showcase that would still give us the ambiance of each country without the added expense?
- How adventurous are we in selecting different restaurants?
- How would a sit-down meal fit into a 4-day park hopper visit?
- Would it make more sense to look at restaurants at a hotel we are not staying at instead in the park?
- Should we plan on a sit-down meal prior to starting our 4-day park hopping – perhaps at Downtown Disney?
- Will we have a special occasion to celebrate?
- Should we go alone or plan on all 4 of us for a meal?
Since my son’s girlfriend has never visited Walt Disney World and had no idea what to expect, these were some very difficult questions. Her response to most of this; whatever he wanted to do. If she saw something she specifically wanted, they would put it on their list to do the next time down! My son and I found this hilarious, since we both know Walt Disney World is ever changing. The good thing in all this – she was happy just going and as long as she had something to eat periodically, she was good!
Hearing them talk, reminded me of one thing; Until you have been to Walt Disney World it is really hard to explain to someone the overall area you will encounter and the multiple options available at the turn of a corner! Walt Disney World has so many options for just food, that anyone visiting will find something they like!
Debbie and her husband live in Collegedale, TN where her youngest son is going to college. She is a huge Disney fan who dreams of someday retiring and working as a tour guide at Walt Disney World. She has enjoyed many trips to WDW with children, grandchildren and sometimes adults only. It is her ultimate goal to make sure everyone who visits WDW has the same magical time that she enjoys every time she visits.