In just short 9 days, my family will be on our way to Disney World! I can’t wait! For us, a lot of the excitement is the build up for the trip. We love making our calendar and dreaming about what we will do when we get there, watching Disney movies, and just randomly jumping up and down with excitement.
The reality becomes totally real when the “documents” arrive!! Every time we go to Disney, I am amazed by what is included with our vacation. Ok, yes, we do spend a lot of our hard earned money on the Disney trip, but I love learning about all the things that we get when we do book.
We usually book the “Magic your Way” (MYW) Plus Dining on every trip, so that is what we have done for this one. We also added the “Water Park & More” option which is new for us, we’ve never been to the water parks. I love getting the little Disney booklet that lists all the details of our vacation. This week, I’d love to share what is included with our vacation package!
The MYW package automatically comes with the following:
1. Hotel accommodations of your choosing, there are resorts that fit every budget! We are staying at the Beach Club Resort. Usually we wouldn’t stay at a Deluxe but because there was a summer savings event, we were able to afford it! Our original plan was to stay at Port Orleans French Quarter, but the summer discount made the different in price just a few hundred dollars instead of over $1000! We went for it, we love the deluxe hotels!
2. Customizable park ticket. This means you can pick how many days you want to go into the parks. We are staying in Disney for 7 nights and 8 days, so we picked 6 days in the parks. We like using our first day there and last day there for resort hopping and Downtown Disney. That’s what is so great about this ticket – you can make it fit for your budget and family needs! The more days you put on the ticket, the less money the tickets are per day.
3. Discounts!! In your package you will receive a 15% off discount for the WDW marina; 15% off any spa service (I am planning my first Disney massage this trip, so I love that this discount is there!); 15% off a fishing excursion; 10% off water sports like parasailing; 15% off select Children Activity Centers; and 10% off the purchase of food and/or merchandise at Disney’s new bowling alley – Splitsville Luxury Lanes (we also intend to use this one)!
4. Vouchers!! These come with the package, free! Voucher for 2 free rounds of mini golf at either of the 2 Disney mini golf courses; 2 admission tickets to Disney Quest; $15 voucher to use at Planet Hollywood PLUS a free souvenir from there; and voucher for 100 game points at your resort arcade!
5. Complimentary airport pick up and return with Disney’s Magical Express. We LOVE this. Getting off the plane in Orlando and not having to worry about HOW to get to the resort, and not even having to worry about our luggage if we decide to check them (Disney picks them up and delivers to the resort!!). We love getting on the bus, the drivers are always so friendly and know that you are there to start a wonderful vacation. We even love the video they play on the way to Disney, with Mickey and friends all excited about their vacations too;)
6. Transportation. When you book your MYW package, ALL transportation is free! Plus, there are a few great ways to get around…bus, monorail and boat! Monorail is always a fave of ours! Don’t you love not having to worry about driving anywhere??
7. Extra Magic Hours. When you stay on property, you get the special privilege of getting into the parks early, or staying in the parks really late. We can’t get enough of the late nights!
8. Free resort delivery. When you shop in Disney World, instead of having to carry your bags around with you all.day.long, the shops will get your resort info and have your purchases sent over the next day! Lovely!
Extras: You can add these extras to your ticket: Water Park & More, No Expiration (tickets must be used within 14 days for this option), and the Park Hopper (the ability to visit more then one park in a day, we always choose this). These don’t come free, but there are benefits to each that outweigh the costs.
With the Water Park option each person in your party gets admission to any of the following, for however many days your regular ticket is for:
- Blizzard Beach
- Typhoon Lagoon
- Disney Quest
- Disney’s mini-golf courses
- Disneys’s Wide World of Sports
- Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course
We got the ticket for the water parks, since it’s summer and it will be HOT, but the other options are nice too! We definitely can’t wait for the Disney Quest Experience!! If you don’t choose this option, remember you get the vouchers!!
Since we chose to do the MYW with the dining option (we always choose this, love it!) we also get:
- 1 snack per person per day (usually use this for breakfast, a bagel or a muffin and we are off to the parks!)
- 1 counter meal per person per day (includes a drink AND a dessert!)
- 1 sit-down meal per person per day
- 1 refillable mug per person (use the heck out of this…coffee in the morning, soda on the way to the parks or at our break, etc)
You can use these at buffets, character meals, special experiences, etc. Some experiences (like Cinderella’s Royal Table) are worth 2 sit down meals per person, so just look out for those! They are so worth the 2 credits though;)
Free Reservations – ok you COULD totally do this yourself online, but IF you need help figuring it all out, just call up WDW reservations and they will be happy to help you make those….. or your friendly travel agent will do it all for you! 🙂
Plus, on top off ALL of that, each member of your party gets a commemorative Disney Luggage Tag. We save all of ours. 🙂
THEN, if that wasn’t enough, if you choose to have a lovely travel agent help you with your planning, you may get lucky and get a few extra surprises!!
So, we are armed and ready for our Disney vacation. Everything is in place to make it an easy and wonderful experience for us, and yes we do spend money on a big vacation like this, but all the little extra things that Disney includes with the package really help make the trip more magical! We can’t wait!!!
Tina works full time as a school counselor in an elementary school. She lives close to Baltimore, MD with her husband Dave and her 13 year old stepdaughter, Ashley. They also have a furry family member, a cat name Frodo, that keeps life interesting in their house! Tina began visiting Disney World as a child with her family, and now her, Dave & Ashley take a trip to the World every year. She considers herself a Disney “fanatic” and once her family is finished one trip, she is already planning their next one. Tina loves to find the best deals, even in the busy seasons (she can only go when schools are off!) and loves sharing those deals & tips with anyone and everyone! What Tina loves most is the magic of WDW, it makes her feel like a kid again. She hopes that every family has the opportunity go to the World and experience the magic for themselves because it has a way of reminding its visitors that dreams do indeed come true! Read more of Tina’s work on her blog A Not So Bland Life, where she writes about home decor, cooking, couponing, traveling, and and of course, Disney!