I really enjoyed reading the survey results from a few weeks ago. I appreciate the fact that so many of you took the time to share your thoughts and tell me what would really help you in planning an affordable Disney World vacation. What was especially interesting to me was the consistency in what you need: a lot of you voiced the same frustrations, and have many of the same questions….and are looking for the same types of Disney vacation planning tools.
Here are the main things that you told me you wanted help with, in descending order:
- Disney Dining. There are many questions about Disney restaurants, cost of meals, what to budget for food, using the Dining Plan and even just needing more ideas for saving money on food. I agree: this can be an especially frustrating area of Disney planning, especially so because it is such a large part of any Disney vacation budget.
- Planning spreadsheets. You are looking for ways to keep your planning organized, as well as tools that will help you budget. And a number of you are looking for something small and simple that keeps track of everything, which you can bring to the parks with you.
- Accommodations. Another big expense on a Disney vacation, many of you want more in-depth information about your options.
- What is the most affordable way for me? There are a number of you that want assistance trying to figure out the most affordable way to get to Disney World. There are so many options to choose from, you worry that you might not be picking the one that will save you the most money.
Well, your wish is my command. I am happy to help and am really looking forward to being able to provide you with the information you need to save money at Disney World. In fact, I can’t wait to get started.
However, I won’t be able to do it all at once! So, my plan is tackle each item, one at a time, in the following ways:
- Disney World Dining information will be shared weekly in my Monday blog posts, starting next week. For at least the next couple of months, I will discuss a number of different aspects of saving money on your food. I recognize however, that blog posts won’t necessarily dig deep enough into all the details, so at the same time, I will be creating a Disney World Dining Guide. This Guide will use the posts as a base, but will be far more involved. Some of you won’t need this much detail, but for those of you that do, it will be available for you.
- Planning spreadsheets are being created as we speak! Since I am a planner by nature and live by my spreadsheets, I will basically be formalizing something for you that I am already using. And I will happily make these available to you for FREE, once I am done…which will hopefully be by the end of July.
- Accommodations will be discussed, starting in a few months, once I finish the dining. While many of you need help with where to stay, more of you need help with dining, so that is where I am starting.:)
- What is the most affordable option? This one is kind of tough, because it is so individual! Everyone’s situation is different, so the right thing for one person is not necessarily the right thing for another. At the same time, I also recognize that it can be overwhelming and at times confusing to know the best way to plan for your family. And having someone to just point you in the right direction can be a huge help.
That was one of the reasons I designed the survey, so that I can be sure to be addressing YOUR needs, and answering YOUR questions. However, my worry is that I can’t write everything fast enough to help you in your Disney vacation planning, especially if you are visiting Disney World in the near future.
But….I have an idea, and I am wondering if you might be interested…
Would it be helpful to have someone to just talk to personally about your Disney vacation, to ask questions and get suggestions about the best way to save money at Disney World? One-on-one time to figure it all out?
If so, then let me know! I want to be able to help you out, so I am going to try something out to see if there is a need. If you want someone to personally help you with your planning, email me at email@example.com and I’ll set up a 30 minute Disney vacation planning call with you. Just the two of us, to talk over your questions, and hopefully help you figure out the best way for you to plan an affordable Disney vacation. Kind of like a talking, personalized Disney vacation guidebook.
Now there is one thing: while I would love to be able to do this for free, unfortunately I just can’t. However, the cost will be minimal, I promise. (After all, I want to help you *save money*!) So if this is something you are interested in, let me know, and we can chat more.
(Please keep in mind that I am not a travel agent: this does not involve me booking anything for you, nor would I be selling you on any specific type of vacation. This is merely personal assistance in Disney vacation planning that I am offering, if you need it. We’ll talk about it, I’ll help you decide what is best for you, and then you’ll do the rest.)
This is just a trial for now. I’ll see what kind of interest there is, what additional help you need, and we’ll go from there.
In the meantime, watch for your FREE planning tools and spreadsheets in the near future, and the beginning of the Disney Dining posts coming next week!
Oh, and one more thing: let me know what you think, and if I am on the right track for what you need. Either leave a comment, post on Facebook, or feel free to send me an email. Thanks and as always….have a magical day!
- Get the Answers to YOUR Affordable Disney Vacation Questions…and Maybe Win a Disney Gift Card Too!
- Tuesday Disney Tips: Help with Disney Dining Questions
- Magical Meals: A Guide to Affordable Dining at Walt Disney World
- Affordable Disney Vacations Step by Step. Part Thirteen: Decide if the Disney Dining Plan is Right For You
- Affordable Disney Vacations Step by Step. Part Fourteen: 10 Easy Tips to Reduce Your Food Budget