Every trip is different, but planning ahead not only ensures you have everything with you, but adds to the excitement. We set aside an area that becomes “Disney-Central”. The more things are added to the stash, the closer we get to being in the most Magical Place on Earth!
Even before looking at the time of year or who is going, I keep a “Disney-trip” bag packed with things I know we will need for every trip. This includes:
- Sunscreen Bandages & antiseptic cream (1st Aid Kit)
- Disposable ponchos Autograph book & pens
- Chargers with power strip Inexpensive (in case we lose) sunglasses and straps
- Laundry bag 2-1 soap/dryer sheets (just 2-3)
- Assorted size zip-bags Disposable cups & lids for coffee
- Small coffee maker Meds we might need such as Tylenol & ibuprofen
- Disney pins for wearing /trading Hanging toiletry bag – stocked with sample sizes
- Carry bag for everyday (see-through is good for going thru security)
Once the time of year and group going is decided on, I can then add to the “stash”:
- Sweatshirt or zip up hoodie Swim suits, cover ups, flip flops, etc.
- Small surprise toys (for young ones)
- Custom park maps (for older ones)
- Comfortable walking shoes (2-pair) Long pants – even the evenings can be cool
- Juice boxes, snacks, water Coffee &/or tea bags (for mornings)
- Disney bucks for souvenirs Drinks, snacks for the trip down
- Magic bands, reservations and downloaded apps for smart phones
- Download Disney music to smart phones or jump drives for the ride down
- Earphones for smart phones or MP3’s (can save on arguments!)
- Camera & extra drives for pictures
- Clothes with our favorite characters
When we are driving, we always plan on stops along the way, but snacks, drinks in the car do help pass the time. We have turned it into a game, seeing what “Disney” drinks and snacks we can find to pack. Somehow having “Disney” things like that in the car makes the trip go by quicker. Be sure and include any Disney Park music you have.
Is there anything you specifically pack for your trip?
Debbie and her husband live in Collegedale, TN where her youngest son is going to college. She is a huge Disney fan who dreams of someday retiring and working as a tour guide at Walt Disney World. She has enjoyed many trips to WDW with children, grandchildren and sometimes adults only. It is her ultimate goal to make sure everyone who visits WDW has the same magical time that she enjoys every time she visits.