In This week’s Disney Savings Round-Up:
A number of promotions are set to run out shortly, including Disney’s FREE Dining which must be booked by mid-August. Be sure to make your reservations now so you don’t miss out!
Take a look at the savings from using Restaurant.com at selected Disney property restaurants! In addition, Expedia.com is still running a special Disney sale that you should check out. And be sure to also note the great sales at DisneyStore.com, Hotels.com, and Travelocity for some great ways to save money.
I also want to remind everyone that there is some internet rumbling going on that Disney *may* be raising their ticket prices…..as they have done every year for the past several years….on the first Sunday in August….which is right around the corner. If you have plans to visit Disney World at any point in the future, you can save yourself some money buying tickets now: they won’t expire until you start using them! Undercover Tourist is my recommended source for discounted Disney tickets, as they are reliable, helpful, and offer free shipping. Again, if you can, save yourself some money by getting your tickets before the price increase!
Did you know that you can use Restaurant.com Gift Certificates to save up to 60% off on some meals at Walt Disney World? When you go to the Restaurant.com site and enter “Lake Buena Vista, FL” into the search field, you will find the following Disney property restaurants participating: Todd English’s bluezoo, House of Blues, Garden Grove, Kimonos, Shula’s Steak House , and Il Mulino New York Trattoria.
This is a fantastic promotion that they are currently running: Save 80% Off Restaurant.com $25 Gift Cert. Use code PLATE and pay $2 through 7/31/10. Seriously….paying $2 for a $25 gift certificate???
You can also use Restaurant.com Gift Certificates for local restaurants or any place you happen to be traveling. We have used the certificates on a number of occasions: it’s easy and it is a great way to save money! This is a great chance to stock up for gifts, and get a few for yourself, in addition to using some for your Disney vacation.
DisneyStore.com Savings and Promotions
Make your Disney items a little more special: Free Personalization Sitewide at DisneyStore.com with Promo Code: FREEPZ.
Don’t forget: Buying Disney items at home BEFORE your Disney trip is a great way to save money.
Expedia.com Special Promotions: Note several promotions will expire at the end of July.
This is a great way to add some money to your vacation: Get a $50 prepaid MasterCard® card with a 3+ night stay at participating hotels! – Expires 7/27/10
In addition, you will want to check out the Expedia Summer Vacation Sale: New Deals & the Lowest hotel prices of the season! – Expires 7/27/10
Travelocity Special Promotions
Travelocity has a great promotion that is valid through the end of July: Orlando Makes Me Smile! $50 off a 3+ night GoodBuy hotel booking to Orlando, Use PROMOCODE: SMILE50. Ends 7/31/10.
You might also want to check out this promotion to see if it is a savings for you: Find Top Secret Hotels in Orlando and save up to 45%.
Hotels.com Special Promotions
Walt Disney World Savings and Promotions: Note the Military Promotion expires at the end of July.
- Book a Disney Vacation Package and Get FREE Dining! NEW DATES ADDED!!: Travel August 15 – October 7, October 22-October 28, November 12-18, November 27 – December 2, and December 10-21. Stay at a Value Resort and receive Free Quick Service Dining Plan. Receive Free Basic Dining when you stay at a Moderate or Deluxe Resort. Minimum 3 night stay, with 2 day ticket. You must book by August 14. For more information, visit www.disneyworld.com and click on “Special Offers”.
- Stay through August 14, 2010 Get a 15%-30% discount off regular room rates. You should know that some blackout dates do apply and that not all rates are available at all resorts. You must book by 8/14. For more information, visit www.disneyworld.com and click on “Special Offers”.
- Stay August 15, 2010 through Oct. 2, 2010 Get a 30%-40% discount off regular room rates. You should know that some blackout dates do apply and that not all rates are available at all resorts. You must book by 10/2. For more information, visit www.disneyworld.com and click on “Special Offers”.
- “Kids Stay and Play for Free“: This special offer has been extended and is now valid for stays most nights May 2 – Oct. 2, 2010. Purchase a 4 night/5 day Magic Your Way vacation package (room and theme park tickets) and a child (age 3-9) stays in the room and gets a 5 day park pass for Free. This is basically providing free tickets for one child of this age…or two if there are two adults in the room…which can be a substantial savings! To receive the package deal, you must book by August 14, 2010. For more information, visit www.disneyworld.com and click on “Special Offers”.
- Military Discount of up to 40% on select Disney Resort rooms, for stays most nights through Sept. 30, 2010. You must book through July 31, 2010. In addition, active or retired members of the military can get a 4 day park ticket for $99. For more information visit the Military Special Offer page on disneyworld.com.
That’s it for this week. Happy savings!