The holidays around Walt Disney World are not only visually stunning, but will satisfy the taste buds as well as the eyes.
If you’re in EPCOT you can choose the Candlelight Dinner Package, which includes guaranteed seating for the Candlelight Processional and VIP viewing for Illuminations. You also get either a three course meal or buffet at one of the restaurants around the World Showcase. Restaurants include The Biergarten, Garden Grill, Rose & Crown, Chefs de France, etc.
If you are lucky enough to be in Walt Disney World on Christmas Day, you will have many special menus to choose from. According to the Disney Parks Blog, here is the lineup of restaurants you can enjoy.
In the theme parks:
- At Epcot, Biergarten Restaurant at the Germany Pavilion will plus up the buffet with special holiday dishes, and Le Cellier Steakhouse is offering a special menu.
- At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Tusker House Restaurant will have Christmas specials on the buffet.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Hollywood & Vine will have Christmas lunch and two dinner seatings with carved turkey breast, cornbread stuffing, root beer glazed butternut squash, spiced pumpkin mousse on the buffet.
- In Magic Kingdom Park, The Diamond Horseshoe in Frontierland will offer Christmas Day dinner, and Tangaroa Terrace and Tortuga Tavern will feature a special holiday dinner buffet.
- At Downtown Disney, Fulton’s Crab House and Portobello will have a holiday prix fixe offering.
In the resorts:
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground — Mickey’s Backyard Christmas Day Feast at Mickey’s Backyard BBQ show located at the Fort Wilderness Pavilion. Two shows at 5 and 7 p.m. will offer all the holiday classics. (Trail’s End Restaurant is also offering lunch and dinner options.)
- Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts – Cape May Café will be serving hand-carved smoked ham with winter pineapple chutney and turkey with stuffing. Captain’s Grille will offer a holiday buffet. Yachtsman Steakhouse will feature a special menu.
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – The Wave … of American Flavors will offer a special menu. And Chef Mickey’s will offer a Christmas Day brunch.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa – Cítricos will have two seatings at 5 and 7:30 p.m. as well as special Christmas Day seating in the private Chef’s Domain, offering a four-course menu.
- Disney’s Boardwalk – Flying Fish Cafe will feature a prixe fixe four-course menu.
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort – Whispering Canyon Café will offer an all-you-care-to-eat holiday dinner with turkey, ham, beef strip loin, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cornbread and cranberry sauce.
No matter how you choose to enjoy your holidays, there is no doubt that being at a Disney park surrounded by family and/or friends will always be magical and memorable.
Keith was born and raised in Northeast Ohio.He now lives with his wife a few miles from his childhood home. His first trip to the Magic Kingdom was at the age of two and while the only memories are in pictures, the magic laid dormant within him. Until he saw the animated movie Robin Hood, and his love began to grow. He has always had an interest in food and the togetherness it brings. He became a classically trained chef and all around foodie. His last trip to Disney World was in 2011 and he has been learning, researching, and keeping up on all things Disney since. He hopes to bring you all of the food news from the parks, tips on how to save money on food, and all the tastes and smells from the House of Mouse (especially when smell o vision is invented). You can follow Keith on Twitter @DarthChef79.