Editor’s Note: This month, The Affordable Mouse is celebrating our 2nd birthday! And in honor of our birthday, our Friday posts this month will be all about…..celebrations at Disney World! To start us off, Kelly has some thoughts about a celebration that she has yet to make….but hopes to some day…..
We all have a dream when we think about Disney World, for some it may be a magical stay at a deluxe villa resort, for some it may be an extended vacation with everyone in their family, for others it may be to actually visit Walt Disney World for the first time ever. My Disney dream is to visit Walt Disney World for Christmas. Not the week before, not the week after, I want to wake up Christmas morning and open presents with my kids at Walt Disney World. I want to celebrate Christmas at Walt Disney World!!!
I already know that the crowds are horrendous over the holidays and that they can create a different level of stress on Disney travelers. But I also know that Christmas at Disney is by far the most magical time to visit Walt Disney World. So given the facts about how tricky it can be to visit Disney at Christmas time one may wonder why it is my dream to visit Disney at Christmas?
Having been to Disney 25 times and counting I have NOT done it all…although I often get that question but we shall save that for another post. :0) I feel like visiting over Christmas would bring a new meaning to the place I feel is by far the most magical and dreamy place I have ever been. There are an ample amount of activities to do that pertain to the holiday’s, in fact after doing some research I found that there is so much holiday cheer throughout the Walt Disney World Resort that I could easily spend 10 days there over Christmas and still not experience everything!!
With that said I have a list of the things that are on my Disney Christmas Dream List.
- It is my dream to see Cinderella Castle decked out in the dream lights. There cannot be a more magical time then to see the castle glisten under the stars. Yes, I have seen it all decked out various times of year…but Christmas for me is already magical and can move me to tears, I cannot even imagine throwing Disney into the mix.
- The Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights is like a virtual city of lights. This display is one that gets me every time I watch the travel special on Disney Holidays. I think this may be right up at the top of my list of most important things for me to see at Christmas.
- Candlelight Processional is another experience that I just know will move me to tears. Forget the celebrity narrators, just put me in front of an orchestra and some beautiful voices and I will just loose it in the moment. I have read from many fans that they continue to visit for this event because it truly inspires all who experience it.
- I would absolutely LOVE to resort hop and look at all of the decorations. We do not make much time for this when we take our yearly trips to Disney but I think at Christmas time we would make an exception. The three places that I really want to see are Grand Floridian for the life-size gingerbread house that is in their lobby. Next is Wilderness Lodge, I hear that this place is just stunning all of the time but especially over the holiday’s. Last, Beach Club and their huge gingerbread carousel which features ponies made of chocolate and fondant, giant candy cane poles and hand-painted portraits of Disney Characters.
- I love learning about different cultures so naturally I would LOVE to experience the International Storytellers. This is an event where you will learn about holiday folk traditions and stories from around the globe.
So Santa if you are out there listening to me, can you please grant me this one wish…I wish I could wake up Christmas morning at Walt Disney World with my family. What is your Disney Christmas Dream?
Kelly, her husband, and three children live in the Chicagoland area. Kelly has been traveling to Walt Disney World since the age of two. She considers Walt Disney World to be her primary vacation destination. With 20 plus trips under her belt she still enjoys researching and learning new things about the most magical place on earth! Kelly began Disney Guru in August of 2010 with the vision of sharing fun vacation tips and magic with all fans of Disney World.
- Merry Christmas from All of us at The Affordable Mouse
- Disney World Christmas Must-Do’s: Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
- Disney Vacation Planning: Should we go at Christmas Time?
- Thrifty Thursday: Five Christmas Disney Secrets – Free!
- 10 Ways to Make the Most of Your Disney World Christmas Vacation