We princesses are at it again. Yes that’s right, another girlfriends trip is in the works. In February, I will be joining my friend, Susan; my daughter, Kristen; and her friend, Jill, on a fun girls trip to Disneyland.
Why do we want to go to Disneyland? There are many reasons, paramount to them is that I have not visited Disneyland since I was 8 and the other girls have never been at all. Here are some other great reasons I personally am looking forward to visiting Disneyland:
- Disneyland is the original. It is the only park where Walt Disney personally walked, ate, rode rides, greeted guests and spent many, many hours of his life. As a Walt Disney lover, I want to be where Walt was.
- The history in Disneyland will certainly be amazing. As someone who loves Disney history, I can’t wait to be on Main Street USA. After all, this is where Walt had, and still has, an apartment above the fire station with the light left on for him. I will even be able to sit on the bench where Walt first came up with the idea for Disneyland.
- Walt was personally involved in the design and creation of many of the Disneyland attractions. I do realize that both Disneyland and Walt Disney World were dreams of Walt’s, but only Disneyland has his touch in so many areas.
- Disneyland has some blockbuster attractions that can’t be found in Florida. Among these are Indiana Jones Adventure, which is said to be one of the best rides in any theme park anywhere; California Screamin’ which my daughter cannot wait to ride is said to be one of the smoothest, most exciting roller coasters ever; Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage which is sure to be awesome to see since I love Nemo; and the new Little Mermaid ride is open at DL but is not yet open at WDW and Ariel is Kristen’s favorite.
- There are some common WDW/DL rides that are rumored to be better versions in Disneyland. For example, Pirates of the Caribbean is said to have 2 drops instead of one, and is also described as longer and better. Space Mountain is said to be better also, although I can’t imagine how. It’s a small world is in its own beautiful standalone building and that ride, along with the Matterhorn Bobsleds, are the only rides I remember from my visit with my daddy when I was 8.
We are all so excited about our upcoming trip. If you have been to Disneyland lately and you have some advice for us, please write in and give us your tips. Thanks!
Brenda is a native Texan born and raised on the Gulf Coast. She visited Disney World twice as a teenager and always dreamed of growing her family Disney. She took her first-timer husband and their three children to Disney World in 2000 and they now spend every Thanksgiving there. Brenda writes with a comedic twist on various Disney topics. She will be sharing tips she has learned during her travels and also hopes to enlighten people on little-known freebies that Disney has to offer. She wishes she could have met Walt Disney and considers herself to be a student of Walt. In parallel to his dream it is her wish that everyone would take at least one trip to Disney World in order to share in its magic with their families.