Despite best efforts, life happens on a Disney vacation, and chances are, especially if you have children, at some point on your trip you or a family member may need first aid or require medical attention. While no one wants something to happen on your trip, it is always a good idea to know what to expect, “just in case”.
In each of the four theme parks, you will find First Aid Stations which are fully staffed with medical professionals. Here, they can treat minor injuries like sunburn, blisters, and other assorted medical needs The first aid stations are located in the following areas:
- Magic Kingdom – next to The Crystal Palace restaurant on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – near Guest Services on Hollywood Boulevard, west of the entrance to Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park.
- Epcot – at the Odyssey Center near the bridge between the Future World area and the World Showcase area.
- Animal Kingdom – behind Creature Comforts and near the Pizzafari quick-service restaurant in the Discovery Island area.
The first aid stations are very clean and everyone is very nice. They do not carry medications nor do they have a pharmacy but if that is what you need, they will refer you to other avenues for help.
One of the choices for more serious illnesses, if you are staying on property, is to call down to the front desk and have them contact one of the local doctors to make a house call to your hotel room, or you can touch “Front Desk” from your in-room phone for assistance, 24 hours a day. The good thing about this option is that you can wait in the comfort of your own room. But, be aware that this option may be costly and may not be covered by your insurance, so be sure to check your policy before leaving home, “just in case”.
Alternatively, you might just want to go to the nearest clinical facility. The two walk-in clinics with the closest proximity to Disney are:
- Florida Hospital Centra Care Walk-In Urgent Care Centers are open 8:00 AM to midnight, Monday through Friday, and 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Saturday and Sunday. Complimentary transportation is available and many insurance plans are accepted. Call (407) 934-2273 for more info.
- Buena Vista Urgent Care is located at 8216 World Center Drive, Suite D. They are open 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekends. Call (407) 477-5799 for more info.
Should you be faced with a very serious illness or injury that requires treatment at the Celebration hospital, Disney will provide complimentary transportation for you to get there. If you need an ambulance, just dial 911 and emergency services will send an ambulance to take you to the nearest hospital or treat you at the property.
Hopefully, your magical vacation will not require need for any of these, but “just in case”, you can know what to do if you need help!