My friend, Susan, and I are really looking forward to our girlfriend trip to Walt Disney World this September. One of the things we are exceedingly excited about is seeing the Magic Kingdom all decked out in Halloween decorations. We have never been during Halloween but I can tell you from past experience that the Christmas decorations are outstanding to say the least.This year will also be our first time to attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, MNSSHP for short, is a Halloween-themed special event that is held each year on select nights from September to November. Purchase of a special MNSSHP admission ticket is required to attend the event and, this year, the select nights for the party are:
- September 13, 16, 20, 23, 27 and 30
- October 2, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30 and 31
- November 1
**I bet you can’t guess what night we are going**
The hours for the party are 7:00 p.m. to midnight, and you can purchase tickets in advance (for most nights) or on the day of the event, subject to availability. Purchasing the tickets in advance can save you up to $6 per ticket and the prices are as follows:
Advanced Ticket prices range from $53.95 + tax to $67.95 + tax for adults; and $47.95 + tax to $63.95 + tax for children 3 to 9.
Day of the party ticket prices range from $59.95 + tax to $67.95 + tax for adults; and $53.95 + tax to $63.95 + tax for children 3 to 9.
This year the prices vary based on the date of the party; October 28 and 31, 2011 have their own pricing. For all pricing details, see this page. Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members receive discounted pricing. There is a military discount available as well.
Disney encourages all party guests to dress up in their favorite Halloween costumes. We are planning to come up with something special just for us, but you will have to wait until after the party when I share all my pictures with you. Throughout the park, kids of all ages get to go trick-or-treating (something Susan and I haven’t done in a LONG time). Also, in addition to being able to ride our favorite rides during a private party, there are many more special events that will be going on at the park, such as:
- Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade, which includes Disney characters in their favorite costumes, and the stars of the Haunted Mansion. The parade is scheduled to run twice each night at 8:15pm and 10:30 p.m. If we stick with tradition, we will be at the later showing.
- Happy HalloWishes, a special fireworks show that replaces Wishes on MNSSHP nights in front of Cinderella’s castle at 9:30 p.m. We will pick our favorite spot early and wait for this great show.
- Castle Stage Show-Villains Mix & Mingle, which takes place in front of Cinderella Castle with Disney villains dancing and singing. We would be great villains, but we choose not to be .
- Two dance parties: Rocket Tower Dance Party with a DJ featuring Stitch, Pluto, Goofy, and Chip and Dale; and Diamond Horseshoe Review Dance Party with a DJ featuring Woody, Jesse, and Bullseye.
- Character Meet and Greets which we will be taking FULL advantage of as I hope to get some great pictures of us, especially with our favorite characters including Mickey, Tigger, and the Seven Dwarfs. YEA!
- Special Photopass opportunities will also be available and I am positive that this will develop into some fun, and I am sure funny, pics of Susan and me.
- Special party merchandise that can only be purchased in the park during the party. Oh my gosh, did you say shopping for special MNSSHP merchandise that will not only serve as mementos of our trip but will be great Halloween decorations for years to come? I have been saving money, gift cards and rewards points just for that!
If you plan to visit Walt Disney World between September and November, you should definitely think about attending Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. When we were unsure as to whether or not we should attend, I posed that question to our readers on facebook and you wouldn’t believe how fast the positive responses flowed in. People love it, and I bet we will too! Don’t be afraid, it’s “not-so-scary” so call or go online and buy a ticket!
Brenda is a native Texan born and raised on the Gulf Coast. She visited Disney World twice as a teenager and always dreamed of growing her family Disney. She took her first-timer husband and their three children to Disney World in 2000 and they now spend every Thanksgiving there. Brenda writes with a comedic twist on various Disney topics. She will be sharing tips she has learned during her travels and also hopes to enlighten people on little-known freebies that Disney has to offer. She wishes she could have met Walt Disney and considers herself to be a student of Walt. In parallel to his dream it is her wish that everyone would take at least one trip to Disney World in order to share in its magic with their families.
- Princesses With a Plan: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Friday Fun Days: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Planning Your Disney Itinerary: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- Wordless Wednesday: Time for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Military Disney: Military Discounts for Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party 2015