While much of The Affordable Mouse has been devoted to saving money and finding value in a vacation to Walt Disney World, there are many other options for experiencing a Disney vacation beyond Disney World in Florida. Yes, those 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, dozens of resorts, and hundreds of eating opportunities can fill up a vacation very nicely….but there is a lot more Disney “out there” to try as well!
It’s no big secret that for a lot of folks, the *one and only* visit to Walt Disney World often becomes the *first of many*. It happened to us, and has happened to countless others. Learning all about Disney service, Disney details, Disney theming and creativity, and Disney FUN….makes you want to go back again and again. Which is one reason why it is so awesome that there are lots of other places where the Disney magic lives too!
So if you have the “Disney bug”….or are just curious about what else Disney has to offer besides that World in Orlando, then take a little stroll with me…..
- Disneyland and California Adventure: The Park That Walt Built is filled with just as much magic as Walt Disney World, and in many ways has more magic….because it was the fulfillment of Walt’s dream and vision for a place where parents could play with their children. It is like Walt Disney World….and then not like it too. We have a number of great articles about Disneyland and California Adventure. If you love Walt Disney World, and have never had the chance to visit Disneyland….you owe it to yourself to plan a trip there someday. You will fall in love, I promise. 🙂
- Disney Cruise Line: There is a common perception that a Disney Cruise is not an affordable vacation option….but with 4 ships, there are now more ports and itineraries that help to make a Disney Cruise more affordable than ever. With the ability to book cruises up to two years in advance (allowing lots of time to save up and pay it off), and the opportunity to sail for just a few days, it is totally possible to experience the value of a Disney Cruise in a way that wasn’t available when there were just two ships. You can learn a great deal about what makes Disney Cruise Line so special, and if you love Disney but have never sailed with Disney….I encourage you to consider it. It is a vacation like no other!
- Disney’s Aulani: Disney magic and Hawaii….can there be a better combination? I seriously doubt it. 🙂 Disney’s newest resort complex on the beautiful island of Oahu has the ability to breathe new meaning to the phrase “tropical paradise”. With something for everyone in the family, Aulani offers the famous Disney service and storytelling, with tons of recreation opportunities, and of course, Disney Characters. Have I been there yet? No, not *yet* (note emphasis on “yet”) but it is at the very, very top of my Disney bucket list for sure!
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort: What’s that you say? Disney has beach properties that don’t involve a theme park? So what’s fun about that? Well my friends let me tell you…..pretty much everything! While these two resorts were built as Disney Vacation Club resorts, they often do have rooms available for the general public, and if you want a lovely Disney beach vacation, I encourage you to think about a visit to Disney’s Hilton Head Island in South Carolina, or Vero Beach in Florida.
- Adventures by Disney: Ready to see the real “World” as only Disney can show it to you? Then consider one of the many wonderful itineraries available through Adventures by Disney, where families can get to know the world in ways they never expected-and will never forget. Traveling with Disney means traveling with people who know families better than anyone, so a vacation planned by Disney means a vacation filled with amazing experiences. It also means a vacation where everything is included, from accommodations, to transportation, to food, to tours, to gratuities…literally everything. And it means peace of mind knowing that everything is in the hands of experts….all you need to do is show up and have an amazing time. 🙂
- Disneyland Paris, Shanghai Disney, Hong Kong Disneyland, Tokyo Disney: I know of more than a few people that have a dream of visiting all the Disney theme parks around the world some day….and I have to say that it sounds like an amazing goal to have. Happily, our writer Tina visited Disneyland Paris a couple of years ago, and shared her experiences….including how to make it as affordable as possible. I can’t wait to see for myself what Disney is like in France!
So….north, south, east, and west….Disney has magic all around the world. Where would you like to travel on your next magical Disney vacation?